Friday, April 20, 2012

Worst Morning Ever- BAR NONE

Apparently, when a child says his stomach hurts...you should a) believe him & b) hustle him to the bathroom.

I did neither on Wednesday morning. And suffered greatly for it.

Little Brother awoke complaining of a tummy-ache and I was all, "Sorry to hear it, now get up." thinking he was stalling on getting up, as both the boys take foreeeeeeever to get out of bed on a typical school morning.

The words were barely out of my mouth before small fountain of vomit errupted from HIS mouth. Ah!

Greg (my husband) and Big Bro both muttered, "Gross!" as Little Bro continued to wretch in his bed. Gross is right.

When he stopped, I yanked him out of bed, hustled him to the bathroom, stripped him of his pajamas and had him kneel at the ivory throne. Poor guy.

The next wave came and he didn't really get much out.

And therein lies my fatal mistake. I assumed he was done.

Greg got both the boys dressed as i stripped the bed and threw the sheets, pillowcases, etc into the wash. Miraculously, we managed to get in the car and leave for school on time. We were literally 2 blocks from the school when Little Bro announced from the back seat that he was going to be sick again. And he was. Twice.

I could do nothing but look in horror, over my shoulder, as we were still in traffic. Big Bro kindly handed him some Wet Wipes as I mumbled, "ohshitohshitohshit". We careened into the school parking lot, whereupon Big Bro made a dash for the entrance, yelling "I'll tell his teacher he's sick!!!!!" In vain, I shouted, "You don't have to tell her, I'll call.....!!" while trying to wipe up watery vomit with Wet Wipes (not super effective).

Little Bro came home with me, slumped in the backseat, sick, covered in sick and generally miserable.

We got him situated on the couch with a puke bowl, a blanket and his stuffed racoon. He puked 1x more then fell asleep, exhausted.

I cleaned out the car, got dressed and went to teach my 10am class (watching a movie, thank god), while Greg stayed home with Little Bro.

What. A. Morning.

p.s. Shout out to our lovely friend, M.W. for the care package of apple juice, jello, crackers and apple sauce. He loved it and refers to the crackers as, "Mine, from when I was sick"


No comments:

Post a Comment