Friday, April 20, 2012

World's Most Embarassing Afternoon, a sequel to World's Worst Morning

After the Vomitus Morning of Doom, I came home from the the university where I teach to relieve Greg of his childcare duties (work from home flexibility, what what!).

That morning's excitement had been compounded by the fact that I myself did not feel good having been diagnosed with sinitus (or hateful sinuses) the day before.

That afternoon, after Little Bro had woken up and declared himself "feeling better now!" and we'd read together on the couch (awwww) and downloaded some new educational iPad apps, I laid for a nap, and set the alarm for an hour, which would have given me a good 20 minutes to get out the door to pick up Big Bro from school.

Two hours later, my phone rings, waking me and Little Bro, who's also fallen asleep, up with a start. It's the principal of the school, who sweetly asks if I intend on picking Big Bro up? Well, better hurry because the staff leaves in 15 minutes (which is bullshit, by the way; Extended Day staff is there till 6).

I apologize profusely, attempt to explain, apologize again and tell her I'm on my way.
Little Bro is stretching and pulling a blanket over his head as I tell him to get up (ack! get up!), so I pick him up (all 50+ pounds and almost 4 feet of him) and haul it to the car.

We careen into the school parking lot for the 2nd time that day, pick up Big Bro & hightail it back home, where I let them eat crackers on the new sofa and play on the iPad for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment