Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saaaaa-turday...in the Park...

Feeeeels like the ForthofJuly....

~~~~~~~
After a nice Saturday morning of cereal, Wii & more Wii, the four of us betook ourselves out for some lunch (Jimmy Johns, what what!) & an afternoon at the park.

After much debate between Greg & I, we ended up at the River parks 41st plaza, across from our old
Apartment complex (Memmmmories....)

The boys played on the jungle gyms for quite awhile, more comfortable interacting with G & I than kids of the other kids there.

Then they wanted to explore down closer to the river, which Tulsans will know is not the most sanitary of options, although it turned out to be more adventurous than any of us guessed.

G. & the Boys went down a hill just north of the spillway by the park to investigate the waterline.

I watched for a bit from the park patio, but went downhill to join them when they started yelling for me. The boys were very excited about something & dragged me towards the rocky outcroppings. G grinned at me as I peered between rocks to discover that Big Bro had discovered a snake of no
small size, nestled in the rocks.

The boys were freaking out over this snake & then started arguing over whether it was alive or dead.

G. being the problem solver that he is, picked up a pebble and pinged the exposed coils of the striped snake.

We all jumped back when the snake flinched and rustled.

Well, to be more specific, I jumped and the Boys took off sprinting up the hill, screaming a the top of their lungs!

G & I chortled with laughter as we followed them up the hill and along the river path as they ran off their energy rush. Then we went back to the house exhausted and spent from our adventure, for some "quiet time."


No comments:

Post a Comment