Saturday, February 16, 2013

Update on Da Boys!

Yesterday, I made the trek up to the downtown DHS office, to get a replacement child care card. I misplaced mine for a WEEK, then, of course, finally found it at 11pm last night.

Anyway, I was up on the 3rd floor, the foster care floor, waiting. And I spotted a familiar face. It was Da Boys caseworker, Angela. I said flagged her down and asked about the boys.

She reported that they (DHS) had just closed the case after a 6 month follow-up period. Which means everything was good! The boys are still in their same school, doing well, receiving in-school therapy & counseling g services. They live in the same house (impressive) and their mom is even in school herself, for medical assisting. Wow. So awesome.

Since we haven't had contact with them since this summer- Mom changed her number & couldn't get the worker to return my calls (hence the accosting in the DHS lobby)- I'm not sure it would be appropriate to just pop back in their lives...but I sure want to! If only to encourage Mom and hug on those boys skinny little necks!

What do you all think? Should I call or drop by? Or just wish them well from a distance?

No comments:

Post a Comment