Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little Liar

Turns out our girl Miss M has developed a lying streak. Last week she told me that she got to visit her "real Dad," on a day that she doesn't usually go for visits. At first I was just confused, but my suspicions were further raised by the fact that she said they went to go visit her "real mom" in the hospital. Which is pretty impossible considering her mom is in jail.

Then yesterday, I when I picked her up from daycare, the first words out of her mouth were "I've been a good girl today." I already had Baby A in my arms, so I rather distractedly said "I know, that's good baby" and herded her towards the car.

But later at home, she kept repeating that sentiment that she was a good girl so I probed a little bit deeper and asked her "why were you a good girl? What made you be a good girl?"

To which she replied, unhelpfully, "I don't know." Hmmm, okay.

The puzzle was unlocked this morning when Greg got back from taking her to school. Turns out they had a substitute yesterday and Miss M was NOT a good girl at all, in fact she ran away from the substitute at one point, down the halls of the school!

Me thinks the little girl doth protest too much!

Good to know that although she has a tendency to lie, she's not very good at it. I hope that we can nip the lying thing in the bud, but she doesn't seem to really grasp the concept of WHY lying is a bad thing or understand the idea of consequences...she's very dismissive of our attempts to explain it. I hope that restarting therapy will be useful in this aspect. Until then, we've got our eye on you, Missy!

No comments:

Post a Comment