Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Elebration!

This past weekend we took Miss M and Baby A to the Tulsa Zoo. We went for "Elebration", which is the zoo's annual celebration of the elephant herd's birthday- group celebration I guess.
They have special events set up throughout the day and we were fortunate to get to see a painting demonstration, by the elephants!! I think that Greg and I enjoyed it more then Miss M, who lost interest about 15 minutes in. Fortunately, I had a bag of snacks ready for just such an occasion; I am getting better at this mom thing!

After we watched the amazing painting pachyderms, we went to ride the train and check out the new sea lion exhibit & visit the penguin exhibit too.

Miss M's favorite part of the whole day though, was when we went to the children's zoo and she got to not only pet, but brush and care for the resident sheep and goats.
It cracked me up because she was so fearless about it, she just walked right up to those goats and gave 5 or 6 of them a good brushing. She was fearless!

Baby A on the other hand was just pretty chill whole day; he liked looking at all of the animals but was, of course, just along for the ride. Haha.

On our way out, we did stop at the gift shop and buy a few souvenirs; we definitely got Baby A a zebra onesie that had a tail on it (!). And Miss M of course opted for a hot pink and purple combo "Wild Girl" binoculars.

I love giving the foster kids a" first" experience; it's one of the few purely fun parts of this fostering parent gig. For example, the boys had never been to the lake before nor have they ever been to an art museum or a Drillers (minor league) baseball game. Miss M had never been to a zoo, so it was pretty cute to see her freak out over animals she had only seen in books- like the lions & tigers. I hope she has good memories of our adventure to the zoo; I know that Greg and I sure enjoyed ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment