Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Nalgene Incident

Silly things happen when you ask children to perform simple tasks.

Take one day when I asked Big Brother to go get my big red Nalgene water bottle from the front porch (where it'd been keeping me company on bike observation duty).

After he disapeared around the courner of the kitchen, I immediately forgot about him. Which was a mistake.

A few minutes later, I heard a 'thunk' and Big Brother appeared, with water dripping down his face, and asked for a towel.

I thought he'd had tried to drink from it and splashed water on his face. Uh, no.

Turns out, he had dropped the Nalgene bottle on the way in, because he'd been CARRYING WITH A PAIR OF UTILITY SCISSORS and splashed the water all over the hall.

And after he came back for a 3rd hand towel, I went to look and 'splash' was an understatement.

The water was everywhere: puddled on the floor, splashed on the door frames, baseboards, AND WALLS to nearly the ceiling.

It was impressive.

A bath towel took care of the majority of the dampness, and I think that Big Bro's chagrin turned to relief when I started laughing at the "splash zone."

I'm just glad we didn't also have to clean up shards of broken water bottle; hooray for Nalgene!

No comments:

Post a Comment