Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Not-so-secret truth

{note: this post brought to you by Day 4 of Mega Tantrums and Extreme Stubbornness)

The truth is...if DHS wouldn't also take Baby A, I'd call them to come get Miss M today.

They truth is... I have deep deep doubts about whether we're getting through to her-- she's not learning from her mistakes and no amount of love, logic or discipline can break through her anger.

The truth is...I worry, almost constantly, about how her Papi will handle her tantrums when the family is reunited, but I also can't wait for that day to come.

The truth is...I've never been more frustrated or felt so unbelievably helpless in my life.


3 comments:

  1. I love the honesty of your post. My husband and I are just beginning the process of fostering (aka we are buried in paperwork). We are also having some second thoughts. I wish we could just meet up for coffee and you could tell me all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mollie- thanks for you comment! Good luck with the process, it can be long (yay for paperwork!)and sucky. Same with placement. :)

      Some days are better than others, heck, some hours are better than others!

      My main advice is to get really clear with your husband about household stuff and be ready to support each other like never before! You'll learn a lot about each other and grow a ton. Fostering can be super rewarding, but it's also super hard. <3

      Delete
  2. No words of wisdom or advice, just prayers for you this afternoon! I know I'm in a different situation with my own 3 and 1 year olds, but gosh I can relate to that last comment about your frustration/confusion/inadequacy levels reaching levels you never knew were possible. Parenting is crazy stuff!

    ReplyDelete