Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Childcare

I have never had the distinct pleasure that is locating childcare until yesterday.

Lady M & Baby A's daycare faculty was located in Collinsville and after 2 days of driving 25 miles each way for drop-off & pick-up, I had to admit that it'd be a whole whole lot easier to find daycare slightly closer to home.

Unfortunately, because they weren't supposed to stay with us past the weekend, I don't have a DHS childcare co-pay card and no one would take them without one. Called close to 10 different daycares before I found one that a) took both infants & 4 year olds b) had openings for both c) would allow me to "backswipe" the card once Ingot it.

And although I really really hated to take the kids somewhere new, I just couldn't swing the drive (which caused me to be massively late to work on Monday- thank goodness for a understanding boss- hi L!).

But to be honest, as I dropped off the kids this morning, I was a little leery of the joint. There are kids swarming everywhere, the toys are well-worn, sign-in sheets are handwritten. Nothing wrong with any of that, but it's much different from the place they were at in Collinsville (teachers in scrubs, daily feeding/diapering chart for Baby, well lit and airy).

Hmm. We'll see.

I hope I don't have to get on the phones again; finding childcare is a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment